Wednesday, February 08, 2006

CEO Leaves Retirement to Spend Less Time With Family

Seattle, WA - Richard Carrington, former CEO of multi-billion dollar corporation GalaxyCom, has announced that he will leave retirement. Carrington retired six months ago, but will return to head GalaxyCom for another five years. In the press release, Carrington stated that he left retirement to spend less time with his family.

In the press release, Carrington said, "In the last six months, I have traveled the world with my wife and children. This experience has taught me what a truly annoying family I have. Anything I can do to get away from them would be welcome."

Warren Riggs, CEO of RK Meyers and close personal friend of Carrington, echoed his sentiments. "I've spent many evenings with Carrington and his family, and I don't blame him one bit. His daughter is a complete airhead, and all his wife talks about is re-decorating the house. And don't even get me started on his mother-in-law. There's only so much a man can take."

Carrington plans to spend eighty hours a week on the job for the next five years, which will give him very little time to see his family. Carrington's wife Martha Carrington released her own statement supporting his decision, and promising to spend less time re-decorating in the future.

No comments: